Thursday, December 1, 2011

Silver MULE Awards Annoucenment

Alright everyone, I am here with something that I am creating called the "Silver MULE Awards" to give out each year for the best of the best events, players, and streams of the year.

I originally picked a much of topics, but had to weed them down to 20 superlative topics along with 1 Special Award for the Advancement of SC2.  You may not agree with me and my choices, but these are my choices for the 2011 year.  I am going to keep a special page on this site with the awards for each year.

Here are the topics that I am doing write-ups on currently:

Player of the Year:  All around best player for the year.
Best Single Series of the Year:  Just as it sounds, best or most entertaining best-of series.
Team of the Year: Best team in respect of players and management.
Underdog of the Year: Best up and comer and/or underdog performance.
Best Pick-up: Best team management/player acquisition.
Best Ladder Map: Favorite ladder map in terms of design and gameplay.
Terran/Zerg/Protoss/Random of the Year: Best of each race.
Most Innovation: Player or team with most innovated strong play.

Best Tournament League: The best multi-event league.
Best Single Event (Offline/LAN): The best/most entertaining offline single event.
Best Single Event (Online): The best online tournament/event of the year.
Best Community-Driven Project:  This is for the best project which was born and raised out of the community or community member.
ShoutCaster of the Year: For the best/most improved caster of the year.
Best SC2 Related Show or Series: The best SC2 variety/entertainment/talk show.
Best Live/Stream Production:  For the best overall and innovative production.
Best Community 1v1 Melee Map: For the best/most interesting melee map from a community member.
Map-Maker(s) of the Year:  For the best single or team community map makers.


Special Award for StarCraft 2 Advancement:  This is a special award for anyone, player or otherwise, in the community that has gone far and beyond for the growth and advancement of StarCraft 2.

These are the topics that I have chosen.  I originally had a ton of other topics, these may change as I am making them and hopefully evolve into something bigger.  Also, if you are a graphic designer and want to help, I have a few things that I want done for this award.  Please email me at sc2newscast@gmail.com or comment on this thread. 

I will be making special VODs and episodes around these awards coming in the next couple weeks, so be on the lookout for those.  If you have guesses and choices for the winners, please comment.  I always have my choices, so it will not persuade me, but I want to hear your choices as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment